Low Carb Drink Mixers
I too enjoy a good daiquiri or margarita in the summer time. And you are right, many of the traditional mixers have a lot of sugar. They can have around 45 g of added-not natural-sugar per 4 oz serving. I would first encourage you to try Chiquita smoothie mix. It tastes great and consists of fruit puree and the sugar is all natural (no high fructose corn syrup). There are three servings per container!! Personally, I love it!
You could always use Healthy Balance Juice for a base. Great flavors (Grape, Pomegranate Blueberry Acai, Apple Cranberry etc). It is only 6 grams of sugar and only around 29 calories per serving.
Otherwise, there are low carbohydrate mixer options. Generally a specialty store that sells liquor will have a selection of mixers. I know that there are several recipes available online too :
• 1 jigger (1.5 oz) tequila
• 2 Tablespoons (1 oz) lime juice – bottled more convenient, fresh tastes a lot better
• 1/4 cup (4 Tablespoons) water
• 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
• 1 Tablespoon’s worth artificial sweetener (I like to use liquid, carb-free types)
• Ice – small handful
• Margarita salt or kosher salt