Want to work at Old Orchard Brands?
If you are interested in being considered for employment at Old Orchard Brands, please fill out the form below, explaining what type of employment you are seeking. Additionally, you may choose to upload your resume and/or a completed application. You can download a copy of our application for employment here. Completed applications may be faxed to: (616) 887-8210 - Attn: Human Resources.
It is the policy of Old Orchard to provide equal employment opportunity and not to unlawfully discriminate based on an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, veteran status, marital status, non-disqualifying disability, or other characteristics protected by law. Please keep in mind that we may not have openings at this time. All applications received will remain on file for a period of twelve months from date of receipt.
Current Job Openings
QA / Blending Supervisor, PM Shift
Old Orchard Brands, located in Sparta, Michigan, has an opportunity for a QA / Blending Supervisor on our night shift. Old Orchard Brands is a leading manufacturer of value added frozen and shelf stable juices and juice drinks serving the retail grocery trade and delivering nearly 100 different products to a worldwide customer base.
The QA / Blending Supervisor will provide leadership to quality assurance and blending personnel on the PM shift. This position will have oversight of all requirements related to quality assurance and blending programs on the PM shift and will support the facility to ensure that procedures, best food safety and quality practices and regulatory compliance are met.
- Supervise blender and QA technicians, including training, scheduling, attendance and conflict resolution
- Perform QA technician duties when required
- Monitor blend room for GMP and sanitation best practices and ingredient verification and protective measures
- Conduct GMP and sanitation monitoring in production areas, documenting and directing corrective actions where necessary
- Verify packaging, codes and related during production
- Provide technical and related assistance to operations personnel regarding quality and blending procedures, process deviations and product specifications
- Assist in identifying, segregating, documenting and investigating materials designated for QA hold
- Participate in internal audits and corrective actions, including GMPs, brittle plastic, SQF and food defense
- Perform records and documentation review activities
- Test and troubleshoot laboratory equipment
- Collect samples and conduct testing, including for raw materials and environmental monitoring
- Ensure laboratory cleanliness and housekeeping is maintained
- Performs other duties as specified by the QA management team
Education: Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in food science or related field; HACCP and/or PCQI certification preferred
Experience: Previous work-related experience in a food manufacturing facility with food safety and quality assurance; previous supervisory experience preferred
Skills: Demonstrated excellent attendance and performance record; highly motivated, self-starter; strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills; organized and detail-oriented with problem-solving skills; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment; adaptable to changing requirements and situations while maintaining the ability to meet deadlines
Food Scientist (R&D / QA)
Old Orchard Brands, located in Sparta, Michigan, has an opportunity for a Food Scientist (R&D / QA) who will report to the Director of Quality Assurance. Old Orchard Brands is a leading manufacturer of value added frozen and shelf stable juices and juice drinks serving the retail grocery trade and delivering nearly 100 different products to a worldwide customer base.
The food scientist (R&D / QA) will work with the product development and marketing teams on developing and implementing new products, line extensions and current product enhancements. This position will involve working in both a laboratory and plant environment, and will also include other duties and responsibilities as a member of the QA team.
- Work with product development lead on all aspects of the product development process.
- Produce samples as needed for customers and sales / marketing team.
- Ensure product development timelines are met.
- Receive and log incoming and outgoing samples.
- Conduct sensory evaluations.
- Conduct sensory training and proficiency testing for key employees.
- Facilitate product development projects and ongoing product monitoring with the operations team.
- Review daily formula and quality records, making specification, yield and related corrective actions as needed.
- Provide product information and technical support within the internal R&D / QA network and externally (e.g., sales, marketing, consumer relations, suppliers).
- Establish raw material and finished product specifications and ensure procured materials and new products meet these specifications.
- Facilitate third party review and certification of new products (e.g., USDA Organic, etc).
- Work closely with procurement to source new and cost-effective ingredients, ensuring that these ingredients meet all approved supplier / ingredient requirements.
- Establish nutrition facts and product labeling information; research health and related claims and make recommendations to QA management; review and approve packaging, labels and related documentation.
- Review consumer correspondence and conduct shelf-life testing, using results to drive product quality improvements
- Order lab supplies and support general laboratory upkeep and organization, including maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment.
- Participate as an active member of cross-functional QA teams and in other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in food science or related field
Preferred Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience in food product development or related field and/or internship in product development or other food related field
Skills: Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills; excellent organizational skills; knowledge of product development, basic nutrition, equipment calibration, food and safety regulations and good manufacturing practices; highly motivated; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment
Purchasing / Planning Coordinator
Old Orchard Brands, located in Sparta, Michigan, is looking for a qualified Purchasing/Planning Coordinator. Old Orchard Brands is a leading manufacturer of value added frozen and shelf stable juices and juice drinks serving the retail grocery trade and delivering nearly 100 different products to a worldwide customer base.
Old Orchard is looking for applicants that can handle planning plant production and support purchasing duties. The role would be focused on scheduling and inventory / data management responsibilities. This position provides great opportunity to become involved in a clean and organized facility that invests in their employees. Company provides free bagels every Tuesday and a free hot meal every Thursday. Become part of a friendly team that believes in treating each member with respect. Hours: 8:00am-5:00pm Mon-Fri
- Responsible for all production scheduling.
- Accountability for proper inventory levels at all forwarding warehouses.
- Inventory and ordering of various packaging supplies and labels.
- Coordinating of shipping product to maximize freight utilization.
- Interfacing with accounting software to ensure correct inventory level.
- Daily production/scheduling meetings with plant personnel.
- Coordinating special buy projects with production.
- Data analysis and trending; including but not limited to downtime monitoring and outdated products
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred
Experience: Prior food industry experience with 3-5 years in food planning
Skills: Strong verbal & written communication skills; good analytical skills and ability to think outside the box; self-motivated, detail-oriented and work with a high degree of accuracy; extremely flexible with an ever changing customer-driven environment.
* Denotes Required Fields.