Apple Bran Muffins
Contributed by Old Orchard Staff
Warm apple muffins straight from the oven are a wonderful treat. The addition of bran flakes make them especially filling and a great option for an excellent breakfast on the go.
- 1 1/4 cups bran flakes cereal
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can Old Orchard 100% Apple Juice Concentrate (do not reconstitute)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease muffin tins.
- In a mixing bowl, combine bran flakes, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and baking powder.
- Stir in apple juice, margarine and vanilla.
- Spoon the mixture into the greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.