Apple Brown Sugar Grilled Pork Chops
Contributed by Old Orchard Staff
This is an excellent recipe for the grill. Apple juice, Dijon mustard and brown sugar make a savory marinade for thick, juicy pork chops.
- 1 cup Old Orchard Healthy Balance Apple Juice Cocktail
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3-4 thick pork chops
- In a bowl, combine apple juice, brown sugar, mustard, oil, 1 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper, cinnamon, allspice, and cayenne pepper.
- Place the pork chops in a shallow dish and cover with the marinade mixture.
- Refrigerate up to 8 hours.
- Preheat the grill to medium-low heat.
- Remove the pork chops from the marinade and pat dry, salt and pepper on all sides with the remaining salt and pepper.
- Grill the pork until the juices run clear, normally about 35 minutes, depending upon the thickness of the meat.