1 package (16oz) phyllo dough
1 lb. walnuts
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup honey
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease a 9×13” baking dish.
2. Place walnuts and cinnamon in blender or food processor and process until finely chopped and blended.
3. Cut stack of phyllo dough in half, to fit in pan.
4. Layer 2 sheets of phyllo dough in bottom of dish, and brush lightly with butter; repeat 3 times.
5. Sprinkle 2-3 Tbsp. of nut mixture over top, cover with 2 sheets of phyllo dough, buttered; repeat layers until nut mixture is gone.
6. Use remaining phyllo dough for top layer, brushing every couple sheets with butter.
7. Cut baklava into triangles, and bake for 50 minutes, or until lightly browned and crispy.
8. While baklava is baking, boil sugar and water in a medium saucepan, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved.
9. Add honey and vanilla, and let sauce simmer for about 20 minutes.
10. Spoon sauce over baked baklava, and let cool before serving.