8 5oz bone-in chicken thighs
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
2 large cloves of garlic, minced
1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 quart homestyle tomato sauce
2 tsp. crushed dried oregano
1 tsp. crushed dried basil
1 cup water
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
1. Remove and discard chicken skin and any visible fat. Rinse chicken pieces and pat dry.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet. Add chicken pieces and let brown on both sides for about 7-8 minutes.
3 Transfer chicken to one or two square foil pans and set aside.
4. Add onion, garlic, bell peppers, and mushrooms to the skillet and saute over low heat. Stir occasionally until onion is limp and liquid has been absorbed (about 10 minutes).
5. Stir in tomato sauce, oregano, basil, water and parsley. Continue stirring occasionally until sauce flavors blend (about 15 minutes).
6. Remove from stove and let cool. Once cooled, spoon the sauce over the chicken.
7. Cover and place in oven at 350 until chicken is no longer pink at the bone.