1 5-6 lb stewing hen or baking chicken
1 large onion
4 large garlic cloves, peeled
1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
6 large carrots (1 whole, 5 sliced in rounds)
4 celery stems, sliced into ¼” pieces
1 bunch of parsley, chopped fine
1 cup whole wheat egg noodles
Sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Clean the chicken, put it in a large pot and cover with cold water; bring the water to a boil.
2. Add whole onion, one whole carrot and garlic. Simmer for an hour and a half.
3. Remove the chicken and vegetables; skim off any fat.
4. Add the remaining sliced and chopped vegetables. Simmer another half hour.
5. Chop two cups of the chicken in small pieces and return to the soup with dry noodles. Cook another 15 minutes.