Copper River Salmon with Raspberry Relish
Contributed by Old Orchard Staff (Sparta, MI)
In this dish, salmon is paired with a delicious raspberry, honey and ginger relish. A heart-healthy food, salmon is a great option for your family any night of the week.
- 4 pieces, 8oz. each, of salmon steaks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 fresh lemon
- 1/2 cup raspberry relish (see recipe below)
- 1/2 cup Old Orchard Healthy Balance Cranberry Raspberry fruit juice cocktail
- 1/2 cup peach vinegar
- 1 cup Splenda®
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup red onions, minced
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon coriander, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 5 cups fresh raspberries
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place salmon steaks on roasting pan, then brush salmon with butter and squeeze the lemon on the fish.
- Roast the salmon for 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring cranberry raspberry juice, Splenda, honey, onions and garlic to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Add the fresh raspberries and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Spoon the finished relish over the salmon.