1 head of iceberg lettuce wash, dried, and shredded
1-2 ripe Bananas sliced
1 cup mild mayonnaise
1/4-1/2 cup milk
1-2 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp Pepper
1/4 tsp Salt
1. In a shallow mixing bowl add one cup mild mayonnaise.
2. Slowly stir in the 1/4-1/2 cup milk. The milk will dilute the mayonnaise and create the creamy dressing. DO NOT add too much as you need the mixture to coat the lettuce and thicken, but you can make it thinner. If you make a mistake add more milk or mayonnaise.
3. The sugar, pepper, and salt add taste to the mixture. Dash in a little at a time until the mixture suits your taste. My family likes a bit more pepper and sugar then salt.
4. Place the shredded lettuce into a salad bowl then add the bananas. Slowly pour on a third of the dressing, then stir the salad. Add more dressing a bit at a time until the salad is evenly coated. Save the excess dressing for those wanting extra dressing.
5. Place the salad into the refrigerator to chill for no longer then 30 minutes, as the bananas will turn dark. This will thicken the salad and bring out its flavor.
*For a healthier option use low or non fat/sodium versions of Milk, salt, and mayonnaise. Artificial sweeteners overwhelm the taste, but there are sugar alternatives on the market that mimic the flavor.
Serves 6-8 when portions are 2 tbsps.