Contributed by Old Orchard Staff
An Italian classic—this delicious recipe sure to impress your friends and family. It’s much easier to make than you’d think, and you can get creative by adding different vegetables, chicken, or shrimp.
- 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese (finely grated)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 8oz. package fettuccini noodles
- 1/2 lb. grilled chicken (optional)
- 1 cup broccoli (trimmed) (optional)
- Cook fettuccini noodles according to package directions; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine heavy whipping cream and butter/margarine; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir constantly and slowly add Parmesan cheese. If cheese is added too quickly, sauce will not be smooth.
- Once cheese is blended into sauce, pour over fettuccini noodles.
- Add grilled chicken and/or broccoli if desired.