Moist Oatmeal Prune Muffins
Contributed by Old Orchard Staff
The addition of molasses makes this muffin moist. Oatmeal and prune juice make them a healthy choice, as well.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oatmeal
- 1 cup pitted prunes, chopped
- 1 cup Old Orchard Healthy Balance Prune Juice
- 1/2 stick butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a bowl.
- Stir in the oatmeal and chopped prunes.
- Whisk together prune juice, butter, molasses, and eggs.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and stir till combined.
- Divide the batter among muffin tins and bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes.