Romaine Salad with Cider Vinaigrette
Contributed by Old Orchard Staff
This light salad is perfect paired with any of our main dishes. The apple cider gives this salad a tart crisp flavor and the toasted pecans lend a welcome crunch. This is sure to be your go-to salad for any meal.
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Old Orchard apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon red onions, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Gala apple, diced
- 3 1/2 hearts of romaine lettuce, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, roughly chopped
- Mix the dressing ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, toss 1/4 cup of the dressing with the apples.
- Trim the tips off the romaine hearts and cut into bite size pieces.
- Toss the lettuce with the rest of the dressing, top with the sliced onions, and sprinkle the apples and pecans on top.