2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
3 Red Onions, cubed
3 Cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
1(28oz) Can Italian Plum tomatoes
1(15oz) Can Garbanzo Beans
2 Cups Water
2 tsp. Paprika
1 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
Salt and Pepper
2 Carrots cut into chunks
1 Cubed Potato
4 Chicken Thighs
4oz Spanish Chorizo sausage, casing removed, sliced 1/4 in thick
1. Heat Olive Oil in a large saucepan over med-high heat.
2. Stir in onions & Garlic. Cook until onion has softened and turned translucent.
3. Pour in tomatoes, Garbanzo beans, and water; season w/paprika, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
4. Stir in carrots and potatoes, then place chicken thighs skin-side up on top of the vegetables.
5. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to med-high, cover and let simmer until chick is tender – about 25 min.
6. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
7. Remove chicken from stew and set aside. Stir in the chorizo slices, then pour the stew into a glass baking dish. Place the chicken thighs on top, skin side up.
8. Bake in preheated oven until the stew has thickened and the chicken skin is crispy – about 15 min.