Succotash with Scallops
Contributed by Dave B. (Rockford, MI)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 c frozen corn kernels, defrosted
- 1 10 oz. pkg frozen lima beans
- 1 med. zucchini (about 1/2 lb), quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 pt grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/4 lb large sea scallops (about 16)
- 1/4 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- cooking spray
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/4 c chopped fresh basil
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Stir in corn, lima beans, zucchini and tomatoes; cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 7 minutes.
- Pat scallops dry and season with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet or grill pan with cooking spray and preheat over medium-high heat. Add scallops and cook until opaque, 5 to 6 minutes, turning once.
- Stir vinegar and basil into the succotash, season with salt and pepper, and serve topped with grilled scallops.
Makes 4 serving, each contains 362 calories, 34 g protein, 49 g carbohydrate, 5 g fat (1 g saturated), 9 g fiber