One box Barilla PLUS rotini
1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil and herbs, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cups broccoli florets, fresh or defrosted
1 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1/2 cup fresh basil, cut into thin strips
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, sauté walnuts (or pecans) in a small skillet for 1-2 minutes, until slightly brown, (do not burn!). Place in large salad bowl.
3. Add sun dried tomatoes, including some oil from tomatoes; garlic and olive oil.
4. Add broccoli florets into boiling water (with pasta) for last 3 minutes.
5. Drain, add pasta and broccoli to salad bowl.
6. Add Parmesan cheese and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well and serve.