1/2 pound ground extra lean turkey breast
3/4 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 can chicken broth
2 cups uncooked whole wheat pasta (penne, bowtie, elbow macaroni)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt (optional)
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
Fresh ground pepper, to taste
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; strain and set aside.
2. While pasta is cooking, brown turkey in a large skillet.
3. Add celery, onion, bell pepper and garlic to skillet with turkey, and cook until vegetables are tender.
4. Add broth and pasta to the turkey mixture.
5. Stir in the tomatoes, chili powder, pepper, and garlic salt, if desired. Simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through.
6. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley just before serving.