1 box whole wheat penne pasta
2 c. non-fat half & half
1 c. vegetable broth
1 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
2 c. low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 c. whole wheat bread crumbs
1 medium onion, chopped
1 c. broccoli, chopped
1 c. tomato, chopped
1 c. red bell pepper, chopped
5 Tbsp. flour
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. garlic
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and place in a large bowl.
3. In a medium saucepan, whisk together half & half, vegetable broth, flour, and spices until well combined.
4. Simmer over medium heat for a couple minutes, until sauce begins to thicken.
5. Remove pan from heat, and slowly stir in cheddar cheese.
6. Combine sauce, vegetables, and pasta in large bowl.
7. Pour pasta mixture into a large baking dish.
8. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top, then sprinkle breadcrumbs.
9. Bake in oven for 25 minutes.