Very Veggie Plus
Contributed by Carol (Ponchatoula, LA)
- 1 large red/purple onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup cooked fresh or frozen lima beans
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. In large saucepan, saute onions in butter until tender.
2. Add broth, potatoes, carrots, celery, lima beans and corn.
3. Bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.
5. Stir in the pumpkin, salt, pepper and cinnamon.
6. Cook 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through.