Berry Freezer Jam (Sweetened with Apple Juice)
Contributed by Kelly H.
Sweetened all naturally with OO apple juice!! I don’t care for freezer jam with sugar, it’s way too sweet. This is a great alternative, lightly sweetened with a hint of tartness. My 7 year ate it for 5 days straight….loves it!
- 3 lbs.(6 cups) of fresh berries.
- 1 3/4 cups Old Orchard 100% Apple Juice
- 1 1/2 package no sugar, low sugar pectin (I find that using 1 1/2 package really gets the jam to set perfectly!)
- Mash the berries in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, bring the apple juice and pectin to a boil and boil for 1 minute.
- Pour straight into the mashed berries and stir hard for 1 minute.
- Ladle into the freezer containers and place in the refrigerator overnight to let it cool slowly and set.
- Store in the freezer. Good in the freezer for up to 1 year, or in the fridge for 3 weeks