Spiced Apple Sauce with Cranberries
Contributed by SunshineDrake
- 4 Apples
- 2 cups Old Orchard Apple Juice or Cider
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 1/8 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 tsp Vermouth (optional)
- 1/2 cup Water
- Add juice to a 4-quart sauce pan. Peel, core, and dice apples. Add diced apples, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger to the juice. Cover and simmer over low heat until apples are soft and the liquid has evaporated.
- Re-hydrate the dried cranberries in a small sauce pan with the water and Vermouth and simmer over low heat.
- Strain the cranberries of any liquid that did not evaporate.
- Mash the apples until smooth (or desired consistency). Add the cranberries and stir together.
Enjoy a wonderfully scented bright apple sauce with a slight tartness.