Contributed by holamelitta
- 2 lbs. beef, pork, or chicken (shredded, chopped, or ground)
- 1 med. onion, chopped
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning
- 1 small can chopped green chiles
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can evaporated milk
- Shredded cheese
- 8-10 flour tortillas
- 1 can red enchilada sauce
- Brown meat in large skillet.
- Add onions, green chiles, and taco seasoning; cook for 5 minutes, or until onions are tender. Add soups and evaporated milk and mix well.
- In a 9×13 baking dish, place a layer of tortillas on the bottom, then half of the meat mixture, then a generous layer of shredded cheese. Repeat the layers (a layer of tortillas, the rest of the meat mixture, and another layer of cheese).
- Place a third layer of tortillas on top, then pour the enchilada sauce over the top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil, sprinkle more cheese on top, and bake for 15 more minutes.
Serve with re-fried beans and Mexican rice.