Contributed by Nanci97856
- 6 inches stick cinnamon, broken
- 12 whole cloves
- 1 can of Old Orchard frozen cranberry raspberry juice concentrate
- 1/2 can of Old Orchard frozen apple juice concentrate (3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup brandy or rum or 6 regular tea bags (optional)
- Orange slices (optional)
- 4- to 6-inch cinnamon sticks (optional)
- To make spice bag, cut a double thickness of 100-percent-cotton cheesecloth into a 6-inch square. Place cinnamon and cloves in center of square. Bring up corners of cloth and tie with clean string.
- Combine the thawed cranberry raspberry juice blend concentrate, apple juice concentrate, sugar, lemon juice, and 8 cups water in a 3-1/2 to 5-quart crockery cooker. Add the spice bag to the juice mixture.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours. Remove the spice bag and discard. If desired, about 5 minutes before serving, add brandy or rum or the tea bags to the crockery cooker. Let stand for 5 minutes. Discard the tea bags, if using.
- To serve, ladle beverage into mugs or cups. If desired, add an orange slice and cinnamon stick to each serving.
Makes fourteen 6-ounce servings