Contributed by Old Orchard Staff
• 1/4 cup honey
• 1/2 cup butter, softened
• 1 egg
• 1 cup molasses
• 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9 inch square pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the honey and butter. Beat in the egg and molasses.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves. Blend into the creamed mixture.
- Stir in the hot water. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan before serving.