Almond Apple Butter Spread
Contributed by Old Orchard Staff
Served with crackers, this spread is perfect for a snack. On a serving tray and shaped into a ball, it makes a great appetizer for a party.
- 1 cup whole almonds, with skins
- 1 cup sweetened apple butter
- 3 tbs. of Old Orchard Healthy Balance Apple Juice cocktail
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Toast almonds in the oven on a baking pan for 5 to 10 minutes, or until golden, turning once.
- In a food processor, put in the cup of almonds and process until they form a thick paste.
- Add the apple butter and apple juice and continue to process, scraping sides as needed, until the mixture is smooth.
- Refrigerate until firm and shape into a ball if desired.
- Serve with your favorite crackers.