Apple Bundt Cake
Contributed by Old Orchard Staff
This bundt cake is particularly special because it has layers of apple cinnamon throughout. This cake makes a great ending to any meal.
- 1 3/4 cups apples peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or allspice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Old Orchard Healthy Balance Apple Juice cocktail
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, combine the diced apples, 1 tablespoon white sugar and cinnamon or allspice; set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups white sugar, oil, Old Orchard Apple Juice cocktail , vanilla and eggs.
- Beat at high speed until smooth or stir in flour mixture a small amount at a time.
- Fold in chopped walnuts.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 of the apple mixture.
- Alternate layers of batter and filling, ending with batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly touched.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.