Gelatin Fruit Cocktail Cups
Contributed by Cull Admin
A retro-inspired favorite, fruit cocktail cups are a fun and easy-to-make treat for kids of all ages. Speckled with fruits, these are a great way to help your kids get their five servings a day.
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups (total) cut, peeled and cubed fresh fruit of your choosing (recommended: pears, pineapple, peaches, and seedless grapes)
- Orange segments
- Cherries, pitted
- 2 envelopes of gelatin (5 tsp.)
- 4 cups Old Orchard Healthy Balance juice (use EITHER Apple, Apple Cranberry, Apple Kiwi, Apple Raspberry, OR White Grape juice)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water, sugar, and vanilla to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer.
- Drop in the fruit (all except orange and grapes) and poach for 4 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Drop in the orange and grapes and continue to cook for another minute.
- Remove the remaining fruit with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In a large bowl, pour in the two envelopes of gelatin, stir in 1/2 cups of Old Orchard juice and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring the remaining 3 1/2 cups of juice and the 1/4 cup sugar to a boil for 1 minute.
- Pour this hot mixture over the gelatin mixture and stir until dissolved.
- Stir in the reserved fruits and pour the mixture into 6 ounce glasses.
- Chill several hours or overnight before serving.