Contributed by Old Orchard Staff
These oatmeal bars will be enjoyed by kids and adults alike! They make a great snack or dessert, and combine just the right about of sweetness and spices.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Grease a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine oil, brown sugar, and vanilla. Add oats, cinnamon, and baking powder, and mix until well blended.
- Scoop mixture into baking pan, and press down so that mixture is spread evenly and firmly.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until edges are golden brown.
- Cut into squares while still warm. Let them cool, and then serve.