Contributed by Old Orchard Staff
Cook up a Mexican fiesta in your kitchen with this simple quesadilla recipe. Make it with meat, or keep it a vegetarian dish. Quesadillas are great for lunch, and people of all ages will love this recipe!
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey-Jack or Cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp. chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp. chopped green pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chopped tomato
- Grilled chicken or beef strips (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Spread cheese, onion, green pepper, tomato, and meat (if desired) over one of the tortillas.
- Lay second tortilla over top.
- Place quesadilla in skillet and cook 1-2 minutes on each side, or until cheese is melted and outsides of tortillas are slightly browned.
- Remove from heat, and cut into slices or pieces, if desired.
- Serve with salsa, guacamole, and/or sour cream.