6 Russet potatoes, thinly sliced
5 cups milk
1/3 cup white onion, chopped
5 Tbsp. butter or margarine
5 Tbsp. flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 Tbsp. parsley
1. In a medium saucepan, sauté onions in butter or margarine; cook until onions are softened.
2. Mix in flour, salt, and pepper until well blended.
3. Slowly add milk, and bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes or until sauce thickens, stirring constantly.
4. Place half of the potato slices in a 3-quart baking dish, and pour half of sauce on top. Repeat second layer.
5. Sprinkle parsley over top.
6. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about an hour, until potatoes are tender and slightly browned.