Sesame Vegetable Medley
Contributed by Old Orchard Staff
Tired of the same old steamed vegetables? Try this vegetable medley that is sure to please your taste buds. This dish offers the right variety of vegetables with sesame seeds to offer a slightly different taste. It is great served with chicken or beef.
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 small summer squash
- 4 carrots
- 1/2 medium-sized red onion
- olive oil
- sesame seeds
- Cut zucchini, squash, and carrots into long, narrow “fry-shaped” pieces.
- Cut onion in half, and separate one half into individual onion rings.
- Over medium heat, heat enough olive oil to just coat bottom of skillet.
- Add vegetables to skillet. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Cook in skillet until vegetables begin to brown.
- Serve immediately.