Double Chocolate Cranberry Bread
Contributed by Rate the Plate Utah
This recipe, submitted by Rate the Plate Utah, uses Cranberry Naturals Classic Cranberry juice drink to make a delicious, chocolately bread that the whole family is sure to enjoy!
- 3/4 c. Cranberry Naturals Classic Cranberry
- 3/4 c. dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 c. cocoa powder
- 3/4 c. butter, softened
- 1 c. sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c. buttermilk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 c. white chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 c. powdered sugar
- 3 T. cranberry juice (or as needed)
- Heat 3/4 c. cranberry juice. Remove from heat & soak dried cranberries for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, & cocoa powder in a medium bowl with a whisk.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add all three eggs, one at a time, mixing each in until incorporated. Add buttermilk and vanilla, mixing until combined.
- Add flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Do not overmix!
- Drain cranberries. Fold in soaked cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Spread batter in a greased & floured 9×5 bread pan. Bake for 70 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes in the pan. Remove & cool completely on a wire rack.
- Prepare glaze by whisking juice into sugar. Add additional juice 1 T at a time until it reaches your desired consistency. Drizzle glaze over tops of cooled loaves, allowing it to drip down the sides.
View the original recipe post here.