Caprese Chicken with Bacon
Contributed by Amjife
- 8 bacon strips
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Olive oil to drizzle
- Salt, pepper to taste
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ¼ Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Partially cook bacon in microwave.
- Place chicken in ungreased baking pan; brush with oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper; top with tomato slices and basil. Arrange bacon crisscross on top of this.
- Bake uncovered at 400° for 20-25 minutes.
- Top with shredded cheese and bake for additional minute or until melted.
Serve with baked asparagus immediately.