Lentil Rice Casserole
Contributed by sewingmeg
- 3/4 cup lentils
- 1/2 cup rice
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 3 bouillon cubes (chicken is our favorite, but vegetable bouillon can be used for vegetarians)
- 1/4 cup dried onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 3/4 cup shredded 2 % cheddar cheese (this can be left out for a vegan)
- Mix all ingredients (except cheese) together in a pot.
- Bring to a boil then turn down and let simmer until water is absorbed (about 45 min – 1 hour).
- When rice and lentils are mushy, take off heat, add cheese, then serve warm!
There are so many ways to serve this simple dish!! Just be sure to log any other ingredients into your food tracker!! Let me know if you like it!