Apple Baked Brie with Almonds
Contributed by Old Orchard Staff
For special occasions when you want to impress guests or a special treat for your family, apple baked brie makes an attractive and delicious appetizer. The apple scented brie cheese is sure to please.
- 1 8 oz. wheel of Brie cheese, well-chilled and rind left on.
- 1/2 cup red apple, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Old Orchard Healthy Balance Apple Juice cocktail
- French bread, apple wedges or crackers for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine apple, almonds, cinnamon and Old Orchard Healthy Balance Apple Juice in small skillet over medium heat. Simmer until ingredients are just bubbly.
- Cut Brie in half horizontally.
- Spoon half the apple juice mixture in the middle of the brie.
- Top with remaining half of brie, rind side up.
- Spoon remaining mixture over the top. Bake 12-15 minutes or until the cheese is soft and just beginning to melt.
- Serve with toasted French bread, apple wedges or crackers of your choice.