Apple Cranberry Bread
Contributed by Old Orchard Staff
This is a perfect bread for a breakfast treat. The tart-sweet combination of cranberries and orange peel give this easy bread a great taste.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- 3/4 cup Old Orchard Healthy Balance Apple Cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- |1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped slivered almonds (optional)
- Combine all ingredients, taking care not to overmix.
- Mixture will still be lumpy.
- Spread batter in a greased and lightly floured loaf or small bundt pan.
- Sprinkle top lightly with sugar.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350°F oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until lightly browned on top.