Cranberry Apple Rice Pilaf
Contributed by Old Orchard Staff
This easy side dish is a great alternative to plain rice for a weekday meal. Add slivered almonds and dried cranberries to elevate the plated presentation.
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/4 apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 tsp of salt and dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp of pepper and dried oregano
- 2 cups Old Orchard Healthy Balance Apple Juice Cocktail
- 2 cups long-grain instant wild rice
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and sauté apples and shredded carrot until tender.
- Add in salt, pepper, parsley and oregano
- Add the apple juice cocktail and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Stir in the instant rice and cover.
- Turn off heat and let the rice stand for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover and stir in almonds and dried cranberries.