Citrus Glazed Turkey
Contributed by Old Orchard Staff
Not just for the holidays anymore, turkey is especially delicious when paired with citrus and a sweet honey glaze. If you don’t want to serve a whole turkey, a turkey breast can be substituted.
- Turkey, size of your choosing
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 3 tablespoons grated lime peel
- 2 tablespoons thyme, chopped
- 4 tablespoons Old Orchard orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Melt butter in a saucepan, and then mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Put mixture in the freezer for 30 minutes or until it begins to firm up.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place the turkey in a roasting pan and rub 1 cup of glaze on the breast meat.
- Place turkey on the middle rack of the oven for 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350°, cover turkey with foil and pour in a cup of orange juice.
- Roast for one hour and 15 minutes.
- Add a cup of water to pan.
- Roast for three hours and 30 minutes or until thermometer reads 175°, continue adding a cup of water every 30 minutes.
- Remove foil for the last 15 minutes of cooking, and brush the turkey with the rest of the glaze.