Miniature Meatballs in Savory Cranberry Sauce
Contributed by Old Orchard Staff
These miniature meatballs are a great party appetizer and an economical way to feed a crowd. We recommend serving them in a fondue pot along with plenty of toothpicks so your guests can have fun fishing them out.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 c. corn flakes, crushed
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c. ketchup
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. dry parsley
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. minced onion
- 1 can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 12 oz. jar chili sauce
- 1 cup Old Orchard Healthy Balance Apple Cranberry Juice cocktail
- 2 tbs. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Combine the ground beef with the corn flakes, eggs, ketchup, soy sauce, parsley, garlic and onion.
- Shape this meat mixture into small meatballs.
- Blend the sauce ingredients (cranberry sauce, chili sauce, Apple Cranberry juice, sugar, lemon juice) over medium heat in a sauce pan until the cranberry sauce melts and the sauce thickens.
- Arrange the meatballs in a deep bowl and pour over the warm sauce mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.