Oatmeal Apple Cookies
Contributed by Old Orchard Staff
A comfort food classic, oatmeal apple cookies are sure to please. The use of Splenda also makes them a healthful and low-sugar alternative to other cookies. If you’d like to make a fruitier cookie, substitute the Apple Juice for Old Orchard Red Raspberry or Cranberry juice.
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking rolled oats
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup Splenda
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar Splenda
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Old Orchard Healthy Balance Apple Juice Cocktail
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large bowl, beat together oil and Splendas until well combined and smooth.
- Beat in the egg, Old Orchard Healthy Balance apple juice cocktail, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, flour, soda, and cinnamon, then transfer the wet mixture and stir well until blended.
- Transfer the dough to a large sheet of waxed paper and chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place walnut sized pieces of the chilled dough on a cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies 10 minutes or until lightly brown.