Cranberry - Pomegranate Wings
Contributed by Tara B. (Toledo, OH)
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1/2 teaspoon salad oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh jalapeno chilies
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 cup frozen cranberry juice concentrate (Reconstitue the rest of concentrate)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Rinse chicken wings, drain, and cut apart at joints.
- Place remaining chicken in a single layer in a 10- by 15-inch nonstick pan.
- Bake at 400-degrees F until brown and crisp, about 1 hour, turning pieces occasionally with a wide spatula.
- Meanwhile, in a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over high heat, stir oil, garlic, and chilies until vegetables are limp, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add pomegranate juice, cranberry juice, sugar, and vinegar.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Boil until reduced to 2/3 cup, about 15 minutes.
- Drain and discard fat from chicken wings.
- Pour pomegranate sauce over wings and turn pieces with spatula.
- Bake until sauce thickens and sticks to wings, about 12 minutes, turning pieces often to prevent scorching.
- Place wings on a platter. Add salt to taste. Serve hot.