Vanilla Poached Pears in Apple Juice
Contributed by Old Orchard Staff
Poached pears make for a beautiful presentation. When simmered in this vanilla scented apple juice and orange mixture, they are a delicious and healthful dessert option for your family.
- In a pan, make the poaching liquid by mixing the apple juice, vanilla bean, and orange peel.
- Add the peeled whole pears and cover with lid.
- Simmer for 30 minutes until tender.
- Turn off the heat and let the pears cool down.
- Once they are cool, put the whole mixture in the refrigerator.
- To serve, remove from the poaching liquid and using a small paring knife cut the pears in half a remove soft core.
- Warm the remaining poaching liquid and drizzle over pears.