Apple Cherry Grilling Sauce
Contributed by Old Orchard Staff
Perfect for summer grilling - this recipe combines Old Orchard Apple Juice with fresh sweet cherries for a sauce that's great on grilled chicken, pork or ribs.
- 1 lb. sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 shallots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 oz tomato sauce
- ¼ cup Old Orchard 100% Apple Juice
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add cherries and cook until softened.
- Add shallots and garlic and cook for an additional two minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken.
- Use an immersion blender to puree sauce to desired consistency.