Apple Spice Sangria
Contributed by Old Orchard Staff
This sparkling sangria is perfect for larger gatherings and captures all of the flavors of the season — with apples, oranges and cinnamon.
- 3 Honeycrisp Apples (or other firm apple variety)
- One bottle of Freixenet Cava
- 32oz Old Orchard 100% Apple Juice
- 1 Navel Orange
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
For the Glass Rim:
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Core and dice apples and place them in a glass pitcher.
- Slice orange and add to the pitcher.
- Add spices to the Apple Juice and stir until well combined.
- Add spiced Apple Juice and Cava to the pitcher and stir until combined.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Just before serving, mix sugar and ½ tsp. cinnamon in a shallow bowl. Turn glasses upside down and wet the rim in cider, then dip in the cinnamon-sugar mixture, turning to coat.
- Add sangria to sugar-rimmed glasses and enjoy!