Festive Berry Shortcakes
Contributed by Old Orchard Staff
Perfect for summertime, backyard BBQs, reunions and block parties! Star-dazzled and delicious, this berry shortcake is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
- 1 package of mini angel food cakes
- 3 cups of fresh raspberries
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- 1 starfruit, sliced into stars
- 3 Tbsp. Old Orchard Blueberry Pomegranate 100% Juice Blend
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Whipped cream and/or ice cream (optional)
- Make berry sauce by pureeing 2 cups of fresh raspberries and Blueberry Pomegranate juice in a food processor until smooth. Strain through a sieve to remove seeds. Mix seedless raspberry puree with lemon juice and sugar until well combined.
- Spoon berry sauce over the top of the mini angel food cakes.
- Top cakes with fresh blueberries and raspberries, and one slice of starfruit.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.