Homemade Fruit Snacks
Contributed by Dianne Love
Make your own homemade fruit snacks for the perfect after-school snack! Try this simple recipe using your favorite Old Orchard juice!
- 1 1/2 cups your favorite Old Orchard fruit juice-- I like Healthy Balance Cherry flavor
- 4 tablespoons powdered gelatin
- 2-4 tablespoons honey
- Put the juice into a small saucepan.
- Sprinkle the powdered gelatin over the liquid and let sit for a few minutes,until the gelatin blooms.
- Stir to combine. Heat the mixture over medium heat until the gelatin is completely dissolved – do not let boil--until it no longer has a gritty texture between your fingers.
- Turn off the heat. Stir in the honey. Use less honey for sweeter juices, to taste.
- Pour the mixture into silicone molds, or a small shallow pan or plate.
- Place in the fridge for 2-3 hours to set.
- If not using molds, use a knife to loosen one edge of the set mixture and gently peel it out of your container. Use a paring knife to slice into cubes.
Your homemade fruit snacks can be stored in an airtight container for about 1 week either at room temperature or in the fridge.