Jalapeño Apple Hot Wings
Contributed by Old Orchard Staff
Prep time: approx. 25 minutes
Cook time: approx. 20 minutes
Ready in approx. 45 minutes
- 4 1/2 lbs. chicken wings, about 18 to 20 with wing tips cut off and discarded
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 can Old Orchard frozen Apple Juice Concentrate
- 1/2 can Old Orchard frozen Lemonade Concentrate
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp. Tabasco sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 jalapeño peppers seeded and chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Preheat broiler. Line bottom of a broiler pan with foil, then oil rack of pan.
- Toss wings with oil, black pepper, and 2 teaspoons salt in a large bowl and spread in one layer on rack of broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat, turning over once, until barely cooked through (approx. 20 to 25 minutes).
- While wings are broiling, blend apple juice concentrate, lemonade concentrate, honey, Tabasco, 1/4 tsp. salt and Worcestershire sauce in a large sauce pan. Boil until mixture is reduced in half and very syrupy (approximately 20 minutes).
- Sauté jalapeño, garlic, cumin, and red pepper in a sauté pan over medium high heat. Add jalapeño mixture to juice reduction and stir.
- Brush 1/4 cup juice reduction on cooked wings and broil 1–2 minutes.
- Brush wings with 1/4 cup juice reduction again, then turn wings over and brush with another 1/4 cup juice reduction. Broil until more deeply browned, 1–2 minutes.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of juice reduction for dipping sauce.