Cream Cheese Layer
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line mini muffin pan with muffin liners.
2. Crust – Mix flour, salt and sugar. Combine liquids; do not stir. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients; stir with fork until flour is moist. Make dough into balls; cut in half. Roll each half between wax paper; cut pastry to tart shell size. Place in mini muffin pan.
3. Filling- Cook over stove on low heat until thick. Add butter and cook a minute more. Remove from heat, mix in cherries, cool, and then pour into tarts.
4. Cream cheese layer – Cream together all of the ingredients.
5. Crumbs- Mix flour, sugar, and salt, blend with butter, add nutmeg or cinnamon (personal preference).
6. Spread 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture into bottom of each tart shell. Fill 1/2 full with cherry topping.
7. Sprinkle crumbs over cherry tarts.
8. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until pastry is golden.