Hot Mulled Cider
Contributed by suesicalsue
- 1/2 gallon of Old Orchard Apple Cider or 100% Apple Juice
- 1 inch knob of fresh ginger
- 1 whole lemon, cut in quarters
- 1 whole orange, cut in quarters
- 1 or 2 (2") cinnamon sticks
- pinch of allspice (optional)
- 5 whole cloves
- Combine ingredients in a non-aluminum saucepan.
- Place over medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Strain mixture and serve hot in mugs. Or place in a punch bowl and let your guests help themselves.