2 Red Delicious Apples; peeled & diced
- 6 Tablespoons Old Orchard apple juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/6th grated nutmeg OR 1/4th tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 lemon’s juice OR 1 to 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 Cup light brown sugar (to taste)
- 1 1/2 tsp corn starch mixed in 2 Tbsp water
- 1 box puff pastry
- Vanilla Frosting
- Boil the 1st 6 ingredients together until the apples are tender.
- While still very hot, mix the corn starch into the water and add to apples to thicken.
- After it’s cooled, open 1 sheet of puff pastry and cut into 4 equal squares. Put on a parchment papered sheet pan, add 1 to 1 1/2 Tbsp of the apples to the center of each square, fold over from corner to corner into triangles, and use the tines of a fork to smash the seams shut.
- Bake for 15 min at 400 degrees. Repeat with the 2nd sheet of pastry.
- Frost with vanilla frosting in a small baggie with the corner tip cut off as an impromptu piping bag. Enjoy!