Apple Cherry Pork Roast
Contributed by hapyfaces2
Pack your pork with flavor with this tastefully simple recipe.
- 1 (5lbs, plus) bone-in pork loin end roast
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Old Orchard Frozen Apple Cherry 100% Juice Blend (fully prepared) plus 1 1/2 cup for roasting pan.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Heinz 57 sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons any mustard
- 4 apples sliced
- options - pitted fresh or frozen cherries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Take the pork out of the refrigerator and put into a roasting pan with a rack and place 1 1/2 cup juice and sliced apples in pan bottom; season with salt and pepper. Cover with foil. Put in the oven and roast for 1 hour.
- To make the glaze: In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the juice to a boil and reduce it by half (about 10 minutes). Stir in the rest of the ingredients and simmer until thickened, another 5 to 7 minutes.
- After the pork has roasted for 1 hour, start brushing it with the glaze every 15 minutes and top pork with cherries. Cook until the roast reaches an internal temperature of 150 degrees F, or about about 2 hours total cook time.
- Remove from the oven, give it another coating of glaze, and let it rest for 15 min before slicing. Top with a few apples from the bottom of the pan.